Which WH&S licence do you need to operate EWPs, forklifts, cranes and hoists in Queensland?

What are the four main emergency lowering procedures for elevated working platforms?
October 12, 2017
ACDC Chemical Spray Course Coming Soon!
November 8, 2017
Show all

Which WH&S licence do you need to operate EWPs, forklifts, cranes and hoists in Queensland?

If you’re interested in pursuing a career operating lifting and shifting machinery in Queensland it’s important to know which Work Health and Safety Licences you’ll need to complete to be certified for the specific tasks you’ll be required to perform. To help you differentiate between these, we’ve highlighted the main categories and the licences required below:

Boom type elevated work platform

If you’re interested in operating a boom type elevated work platform you’ll need a WP high risk work licence. This enables you to be able to use either a hinged, articulated or telescoping singularly or in combination to lift equipment, materials or safety certified personnel.

Forklift truck

There are two different certifications available if you’re interested in a career operating forklifts. To be able to use a general forklift to lift goods and materials, which doesn’t have an order picking attachment, you’ll require a LF high risk work licence.

If you prefer to operate an order picking forklift over a standard forklift for lifting and shifting goods and materials a LO high risk work licence is the certification you’ll need to complete.

Concrete placing boom

To operate a concrete placing boom you’ll require a PB high risk work licence. This certification enables you to undertake slewing or luffing to pump concrete to a specific destination from a pipeline which is either attached to, or is part of, a plant boom.

Personnel and materials hoist

To be able to hoist personal, goods and materials with a personnel and materials hoist, the certification which you’ll be required to have is a HP high risk work licence.

Materials hoist with cantilever platform

If you’re planning on operating a materials hoist with a cantilever platform to hoist materials or goods, you’ll need to complete a HM high risk work licence.

Bridge and gantry crane

A bridge and gantry crane licence, otherwise known as a CB high risk work licence, will allow you to be able to operate bridge and gantry cranes which are controlled from either a control station, cabin or remotely operated.

Slewing mobile cranes and other cranes

There are a wide range of WH&S licences required to operate cranes for lifting or shifting goods, materials and machinery. The different crane licences are as follows:

Slewing Mobile:
20 tonne lifting capacity (C2 high risk work licence)
60 tonne lifting capacity (C6 high risk work licence)
100 tonne lifting capacity (C1 high risk work licence)
Over 100 tonne lifting capacity (C0 high risk work licence)

Derrick Cranes:
CD high risk work licence

Portal Boom Cranes:
CP high risk work licence

Non slewing mobile cranes:
CN high risk work licence

Tower cranes:
CT high risk work license

Self-erecting tower cranes:
CS high risk work licence

Vehicle loading cranes:
CV high risk work licence

For further information on becoming certified to operate an elevated work platform (EWP) or forklift in Queensland contact Elevated Training today.

Comments are closed.